When many people hear the words “private investigator,” they immediately think of the often unflattering stereotype portrayed in the movies of the shady, corrupt investigator performing some illegal task like paying off police officers for tips. It’s important that we separate fact from fiction. Private investigators require extensive experience, education, training, and licensing to perform their highly specialized services.
Darwin Securities is a private investigation company that consists of a talented team of Tampa private investigators who provide clients with industry-leading customer service and effective results. Our services range from executive protection to serving legal documents to investigating domestic or financial matters including insurance fraud. In this brief article, investigation experts at Darwin Securities will discuss many of the benefits of hiring a Tampa private investigator to perform an asset search.
There are a wide variety of reasons why a reputable business requires an asset search to be conducted including:
- Uncovering Fraud: Employee fraud costs companies billions of dollars annually and CEOs need to be mindful that employees may try to embezzle funds from the company. In addition, investigators can examine whether or not an employee filed a bogus insurance claim.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Companies must perform their due diligence before making a significant business decision. Is the company you are merging with or acquiring completely transparent about their financials during the valuation process?
- Investments: Whether it’s investing in a hedge fund or partnering with a vendor to grow your business, a Tampa private investigator can provide you with an in-depth analysis of the business entity’s financial background to ensure you are making a sound investment.
There are several ways that a private investigator can assist a client with asset search services before or during litigation including:
- Pretrial: Investigators are extremely valuable in the pretrial phases of not only building a case but also determining if the financial damages a plaintiff is pursuing can be covered by the defendant.
- Settlement Negotiations: Similarly, if you have a client that is negotiating a settlement with their legal adversary, having additional knowledge of their current financial status is beneficial during this process.
- Divorce Proceedings: Divorce cases can be lengthy and contentious. They also involve a lot of sorting out of both spouses’ finances. All undisclosed assets must be uncovered in order to benefit your client.
- Collecting a Judgment: The collection efforts for a final judgment require identifying financial accounts, personal property, real estate, inheritance or trusts, and even acquiring knowledge of safety deposit boxes or storage units.
If you are interested in having an asset search performed in regard to business, legal, or personal matters, contact our private investigation company.