Online (or cyber) affairs have become commonplace. However, what’s considered cheating to one person may not be for the next. Concerned that your spouse is entangled in an online affair? In part one we listed four signs that your partner may be cheating. If your spouse’s behavior lines up with these signs and you need further evidence to validate your hunch, reach out to Darwin Securities for professional Tampa spouse surveillance.
In this section, we share signs that you may be having an online affair, what cheating is, and how to address it.
Signs You Could Be Having an Online Affair
It’s easy to see the flawed behavior of a spouse, but be certain that you aren’t getting caught up in a virtual fantasy yourself. The following are signs that you could be in denial about having an affair.
- You have a secret online friend that your spouse knows nothing about
- You share your marital problems with your online friend
- You feel your online friend is more compassionate and a better listener than your spouse
- You spend a lot of time talking with your online friend and look forward to your daily conversations
- You have sexually inappropriate thoughts or feelings about your online friend
- You are starting to desire to meet this friend in person
- You are beginning to resent your spouse
People have differing opinions on what cheating is. For some cheating can be any of the following:
- Flirting with the opposite sex
- Discussing things of a sexual nature
- Giving someone of the opposite sex a gift
- Sexual contact with someone else
- Online chatting
- Sharing personal or emotion feelings
- Texting with a member of the opposite sex
- Viewing pornography
In simple terms, infidelity is usually viewed as a spouse failing to meet their spouse’s needs. Infidelity is more than just physical betrayal; it can be a failure to be present physically or emotionally. Some spouses can be in love with their spouse but will find themselves cheating based on an opportunity or circumstance presenting itself. Some may cheat out of a deep-rooted desire for approval. Others may cheat because they are unhappy and do not feel intimately or emotionally bonded to their spouse.
Addressing Online Cheating
The first step in addressing online cheating is to define online cheating. As stated previously, the definition of cheating varies from person to person. Cyber infidelity can be ambiguous initially, and anyone can get caught up in a life of secrecy, fantasy, and excitement. In fact, online affairs can be just as destructive as physical extramarital affairs. This is why it’s essential to sit down and talk with your spouse to gain more clarity around what’s considered an affair on an individual level.
Contact Darwin Securities to find a cheating spouse in Tampa, FL. Please submit to our contact request form.